Friday, August 31, 2007

Poetry Anthology?

It's been on my mind on and off for the past week or so, when I just thought of how to best use a very nice lime green notebook that I received for Christmas from Em. Initially I thought of using it to record the lyrics of songs I write. But now I'm thinking of using it as a background to collect every single piece of writing I've done over the years. It's quite a fair bit, I would say. And in a fair bit of a mess chronologically. Ever since I've stopped using angelfire as a gathering point for the poetry I write (mainly cos I suck at web design), lots of bits of paper were used instead, or in recent times, this blog of mine. Suffice to say, it's not gonna be easy to reference everything from a single point of view. Hence the need for an anthology for personal enjoyment and benefit. Not that I'm gonna get it published or anything, although it did run through my mind over the years. I just feel that I'm not too good as a poet, and demand for short poems, well, might not be there. Oh well, time for another week-long internal debate with myself :p

Yes, I know it's late. Or rather early in the day. Can't sleep. Been reading up on the Odex case again, where I came across the statements released to the media by the judge who presided over the Odex vs Pacific Internet case. Now it seems that Odex has brought in some heavyweight firepower in the form of representatives from 4 japanese studios, and the CEO of BayTsp is scheduled to fly in next week. It's a long saga, which I feel is overdrawn now. Odex just launched a video-on-demand service on their newly revamped website. Frankly, it's getting on my nerves. No anime fan is gonna support anything by Odex after what they did to their own customer base. Not to mention the anime scene here on this sunny island. I've picked up a couple of Odex titles or so over the years, back when I was pretty ignorant about quality and was happy to get my anime on vcds cos I don't have a dvd player. But now, it's no excuse. Dvd region 1 or 2 or nothing for me. I will not settle anything that's less, especially region 3. And especially anything released by Odex. A blog post by a guy who used to translate for the company got me more incensed. Guess it's time to formally take a stand and take sides.

Something else caught my eye when I browsed about srk's website. Looks like evo just ended. Checking out zach's website brought about an interesting link. Very technical stuff, most of which I've not encountered or seen before in all my years as a player. Downloading the videos now, that's why I'm still up (a 300++mb video does take time to download). And to think I've comtemplated quiting the scene a few times over the last 7 years or so. The crowd of players are just too rowdy for my liking, and they like to swear a lot over irc. Something I took issue with after I came back to the Lord. Hence I've decided to quit irc and just communicate over msn or sms when necessary. Sure, there are times when we do other stuff like movies and dinner or just chat, but it's kinda infrequent for now. At least from my perspective. Then again, most of them stay in the far west, and my estate has been labelled as 'india' (go figure).

There are some other things in mind, but I don't think I'll write them down here. For one, I'll just keep rambling on till dawn and not get any sleep (teacher's day and comex and club matters to tend to is my schedule for the day). Another is that some issues might be too sensitive to bring up for now. Let's just say, for now, Sispec's hidden meaning is something I've been doing for the last week+.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home