Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stardust Memories

Been a while since I posted here. Guitar club matters are taking up quite a bit of time, now that both levels of classes have begun. Still got performance to handle, and not much time left. Just praying we can handle it. Think we'll have to recycle some old songs for now.

I'm now officially jobless, since my last day of work ended already on Friday. It's been nice, working there. Can't believe that 2 months just flew past like that. One colleague told me she felt that she's known me for much longer than that. Not the first time someone told me this. The first time was a certain person from 2 years back, whom I have no wish now to recall. Anyway, it's a nice last day. My colleagues treated me to lunch at the Hans on the first level, and got me a black polo tee as a farewell gift. They are all very nice, so I'm gonna miss working with them. Hope to be able to work with them again next time. Managed to get some chocolate for the male colleageues and yellow roses for the ladies, which I stayed back after work on thursday to finish, since I won't be able to head to cell due to last minute club matters. Maybe I should start a business out of this, might have a bit of prospects. Hmmm...

Wrote something in the past week, and it went through several rounds of editing before I was satisfied. Though now, I feel it'll have to be changed again, to remove some parts of it. Nevertheless, as a bit-time writer, I feel I have to put things up.

Alone on this path, I fly
Surrounded by the darkest skies
Guided by countless dim stars
A many and one specks, I leave behind
Seemingly endless trails
Like faded silver threads
Countless past, stardust memories

Still on I fly
Determined to forsake
The new feelings I'll make
A solitude alone
The paths to blaze
An isolation, neverending

- Stardust Memories, © Jonathan Chia, 2007

This was the feeling I got after tonight's MS. Felt that I should strike out the more depressing parts of this poem. Should not let the events of the past week hamper my walk forward with God, but instead, to learn from them. My mistake was not to listen and instead rely on my own judgement. That's something I really have to humble myself with now, and start to listen, trust and obey.

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymm of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." Psalm 40:1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home