Thursday, August 16, 2007

Secret

Just went to catch this earlier in the evening at cineleisure. Quite nice, surprisingly. Like the piano sessions, and the playing's fantastic. Storyline's nice as well, with a twist in the end, which is a bit similiar to Kate and Leopold's. Ok, I shall not spoil it any more for those who have not caught the show. Do go and watch, it's romance in its simplicity. Thinking of going to catch it again soon.

Came to realise that Psalm 23 is a very powerful promise. Verse 1 already states that the Lord is our shepherd, and we shall not be in want. Verse 4 also states that He's always with us, even though we might be walking through death's valley, or the valley of the shadow of death. As a kid, when I read this (got a bookmark with the KJV version), I got really scared somehow, cos of the line valley of the shadow of death. Was scared of death then, remembered sulking and crying on my bed in my grandma's place when I was 6 years old cos I came to realise that I'll have to die one day. But now, my thoughts run a different path. Came to have a better understanding of the verse now. Verse 6 says that goodness and love will follow us every single day of our lives, and we'll dwell in God's house forever. Simply love this whole psalm. Thought I'll paste the lyrics for My Shepherd. Yes, it's still looping in my mp3 player, not to mention on my laptop :) It's amazingly simple, and yet, I can't seem to stop listening to it.

My shepherd provides for me
You make me lie down in green pastures
My shepherd restores my soul
You guide me along the way

Though I walk through death's valley
I will fear no evil
For You are with me
You comfort me
Though I walk through death's valley
I will fear no evil
Goodness and love will follow me
All of my life

My dear reader, trust in the Lord. If you have no one else to turn to, turn to God, and let His love flow into your life. For we are all sinners, and Christ came to earth to die that we are washed anew from our sins and have eternal life with God in His kingdom. The alternative is simply too gruesome to even describle; basically it's your worst nightmare I would think, multiplied many many times over. Do give your heart to the Lord, if you have not. For He says He's standing at the door and knocking, waiting for you to open the door to your heart and receive Him. Let Him change your life for the better, if you don't know Him. If you already know God, resolve to have a deeper walk with Him. And pray.

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him that overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne." Revelation 3:19-21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home