Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Like A Doormat Blank

That's how I've been feeling for the past couple of days, especially tonight. Feel like I'm worthless and unappreciated in every group I'm involved in at the moment. Even cell... what am I to the people in those groups? It's times like these that makes me feel like quiting everything and leaving it all behind.

That's the original title and content that I was working on a couple of days back. Been a bit better since then (since the chat with Andy on tuesday night), and since my last post. Things have not really improved but I guess there's nothing much I can do short of totally stopping my guitar journey (aka I quit playing guitar TOTALLY and resign as my club's president) and destroying/throwing away all my guitars. My mum's still opposed to my plans to get a Taylor, after I first mentioned to her last month. And my mind goes like, she don't even play the instrument or music, what right she has to judge me? Her logic was that I won't be playing the guitar anymore after I graduate. So according to that, I should also stop playing for cell? I really don't know what to say to her anymore, or to my parents anymore. Pissed off is an understatement to me right now, even just thinking about it. After all these years, they never really bothered about what my interests are, or even ask what I do everyday. And frankly I can't be bothered anymore to explain myself or things, knowing it'll only result in a full blown arguement and cold war...

Ok, I will stop here. Before I give in to my anger again and be miserable for the next month or so. Sigh. Maybe things have not really improved since my last post here. Am still stressed bout how things are going. Trying to find a balance between trying to release my stress and my deadlines. So far it's not been working. My parents driving me up the wall aren't helping things either.

When will it ever end?

"Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9

1 Comments:

At 11:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I really tink that you should pray about the things that you are involved in right now... whether it's God's direction that you be committed to these things since u seem to be rather overloaded. I really don't think that he would want to overload us with so many ministries and in the end cause us to become spiritually dry. I dont think that it means that u shld TOTALLY quit your guitar journey either. Sometimes... it isnt "all or nothing". Life is alot about compromise. Dont get too pissed with your mom for opposing your idea of getting a Taylor since its supposed to be rather expensive? I believe any normal parent who aint too rich would do so. If you want to get it then get it..... afterall you're already old enough... why bother about what she thinks if shes not paying?

On another note... regarding your blog title.... I think you can only be truly happy and truly be able to love when u learn to have a certain degree of self sufficience.

Just my two cents (no pun intended). Dont take what I say too badly. My apologies if I've misinterpreted things as I may not know the situation too well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home