Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New member of the family (again!)

Formally announcing the arrival of a new member in my "family". Born in the United States of America, and weighing 30lbs, my Taylor GSMS finally arrived last week. Went to Brendon's dorm (thanks bro) to pick it up, and I LOVE it. She/it is beautiful, with very nice flamed maple back and sides, and a wonderful sitka top. The gloss applied to the whole body is very nice and shiny :) But it's not all without a couple of issues though. One lesson learned is NEVER travel on a long distance trunk bus service with a guitar. The 156 I took to get home last tuesday after getting the Taylor was very cold, although it has a very nice interior concept (like a bar, complete with cream coloured bar stools and table). Got off the bus and found out that the case condensed like no tomorrow. So had to go wipe off the moisture when I got home. Then came the buzz, which I later found out was due to the rattle of the 2 AA sized batteries for the pickup :(

But thank God, after sending it for an FMI saddle upgrade by Jarvis, everything sounds wonderful now. Granted, I've not really seriously tried it out yet, as the only time I had to play was late at night, and I didn't want to disturb my parents or my neighbours with loud guitar playing at 2 or 3am. He fixed the high action, adjusted a buckle on the hard case that was slightly bent, dried my guitar, installed the FMI saddle, and gave it a through checkup. Simply great service for 95 bucks. Thanks bro, for the advice on how to take care of my guitar as well. Now I need to go get more baby socks and another pack of gel to dry up my guitar. It'd be best if I can get a dehumidifier, but there's no space in my room for now, and I'm almost all out of cash. Reminds me, will need to post up a proper review for him on G4C soon.

Just added a Facebook account last week as well, after being invited by both Jon and Wei Tsu, who managed to find me on msn messenger after I found her friendster account. In her own words, we are "kindred spirits", able to talk just about anything and everything, going by the past week or so on msn. In a way, she's like my twin, an ISFJ personality, with a number of common interests as well. Back to Facebook, it's much more fun and interactive than Friendster. And naturally more addictive, heh. And definitely more cool, with all the mini applications one can add to an account. So if you know me, and have a Facebook account, do add me yeah? :p

Now, am contemplating whether I should pop by the art cafe for tonight's open mic session. On one hand, it looks like a nice group is popping by tonight. On the other, I'm very groggy and tired, after sleeping only like 3 hours. Been playing my new baby after I logged off of msn, and lost track of time. Will need more discipline (and stock up more on coffee) to sleep earlier so I won't feel so restless (like now) in the day time. Then again, I'm not a morning person; have always been more nocturnal than anything else, since my poly days. Urgh. Choices, choices..

On an ending note, I HOPE to add more to this family of mine, well, maybe not in the near future. But more or less have identified a new "wife", and "she" ain't gonna be cheap. Thinking of a Mc, haha. But definitely after I start to work, and perhaps after I get a place of my own (when I get married). Else my mum will want to kill me again. Lack of space in my room now, heh. Anyone wanna buy a Maestro hard case with built-in hygrometer for dreadnought? Sms me asap :p

"And I saw that all labor and achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbour. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind." Ecclesiastes 4:4,6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home