Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Taylors

Finally decided to bite the bullet and get a new guitar. A bit over my budget, but when it comes, I'm sure it'll be worth it and something to cherish for a very long time. Managed to source for it through this christian brother I met on G4C.com. Nagging's gonna come, I guess, from my folks. But this is what I wish for, a sorta belated birthday present for myself (after the FFVII Advent Children Limited Edition's box set :p). Not to mention the most expensive birthday present I've gotten for myself so far. And probably will be for some time. I trust it'll arrive on our shores safely and nothing will go wrong.

On a side note, I've been feeling better with less of a tendancy to flare up. Maybe cos I've not been talking to my mum much and she has not been nagging. Probably cos I've been staying out late and there's not much of an avenue to communicate with her. I can't run away from talking to her, but for now, I guess it's a temporary measure while I cool down and reflect back, and get my emotions in check. Brings to mind what a sister-in-Christ shared with me over dinner last week. She also has issues with her mum at times, but she reminded me that we only have one set of parents, and we have to honor them. That and 1 Corinthians 13:5, "(Love) It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs." I confess, I'm guilty of most of the things stated in this verse. Now that I look back, what have I done to be a good son? Not a lot I guess. Will need to reflect more on this and see what can be done to correct this.

On a side note, need inspiration and wisdom to manage my projects, studies, and my commitments in church, cell, and guitar. Do keep me in prayer over these issues. Strength to endure through the things I have to do, and better discipline to sleep earlier at night. As most of you would know, I'm a night owl. Which is bad as I sleep at 3-4am on average.

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins." Psalm 25:16-18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home