Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Time

Time seems to be passing by far too quickly for my liking these days. It only seems like yesterday, the events of last week, and the events of the week before last, well, like the day before yesterday. Been trying to get myself into gear, with the study plan I thought up. It's semi-working at the moment, I guess. Club routines and affairs have been tying me down more often than not, nowadays. Really need Weihao back so I can pass some stuff to him to do. I need time off to work on my projects and revision. Performance again next week, this time in conjunction with the Stomp Aid campaign. Let's face it. I'm married to the club.. If I don't handle certain things, I know they will never be handled, given the schedules of the others... Also sets me thinking about how to handover the committee, the way things are going. Sometimes I wonder whether I made the right choice in keeping the club open and not choosing to close it down due to lack of commitment from people to serve as exco members. If I can't find people of the right calibre to hand over to, I might just have to do this. I'd prefer that there's at least one exco member in the next batch who can perform.. It IS a performing arts club, after all. The idea that not even one of the excos in a guitar club is of performance-level is kinda ridiculous, imho. Or is it me that is setting too high a standard? Sigh.. Will have to think things through again. Also train up a new batch of performers from the current people. There aren't that many I can count on at the moment, less than even a handful. And that number will fall further after this academic year. Really have to pray hard for more people to step up to the task and challenges.

Sometimes, I feel like Saul (Paul) of Tarsus, carrying out this work and "suffering", though I doubt that the work I do can ever compare to his. His work is for a nobler and much much more worthy cause. That's why I feel I still have to press on, though I may "suffer" now. I really want to give up at times, suffice to say. It's definitely not easy being the head of a club, with many demands placed on your shoulders and "arrows" flying at your face as if there's a bullseye painted there. What is God's plan for me in this? That's what I'll have to find out. And meanwhile, find my rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.' " Mark 6:31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home