Wednesday, November 28, 2007

To cut or not to cut, that is the question

I'm referring to my hair. It's getting a bit long, with the fringe already up to the tip of my nose. Not that I don't like that, but well, I'm just wishing that my locks would be better. Guess I'll have to discuss with my stylist. Anyone has any suggestions, do let me know. Want something fresh, but not radical.

Music rehearsal with Ben and Liyen, his worship leader and Chinglu went ok. Managed to work some things out, though the technical setup for the wedding is still an issue for now. And Liyen knew about the surprise song that Ben was thinking of singing to her during the wedding, no fun. Certainly not easy, Steven Curtis Chapman's I Will Be Here. It's a really romantic song, and really meant to be sung during weddings. Guess I will be soloing the song, which I pray I can deliver without any hiccups on the day itself. More or less I've gotten 95% of the song down in memory, with just the ending to work out for now. And also finetune the timing and plucking. I'm muting a lot of notes by accident as I have to use barre chords and I practically have to change chords almost every half bar or so. Thanks to Ben (Tay) for helping me out during the initial learning phase.

John Goldie's concert wasn't that bad, especially the with erhu playing. Kinda surprising, what an erhu can do. Jack and Rai are good, as usual. Can't wait for their album to be finally released. Love the songs on it. And speaking of songs, I really feel like sitting down to write lyrics again. Do have some ideas that I scribbled down in my notebook from months back. Especially with the concert coming, might be a good platform to launch an original or two. Of cos, I need help with the music writing. Hmm... Maybe I should go rent Music and Lyrics for some inspiration. Ah well. 4 days of weekend to do what I have to do. If the weather holds (which isn't at the moment), I might go hike again. Mandai's awaiting. A story in song holding on wings. Stress, my project reports. And wedding music to fuss.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home