Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thoughts at 2.38 in the morning

Just want to pen (blog) down my thoughts for a bit before going to sleep. Wanted to do this last night, but couldn't as I was too tired from all the hustle and bustle of the day. And with the badminton mini-outing with Adrian later in the afternoon, I won't be touching my laptop here for quite a bit till at night.

God has been good. Been feeling really blessed for the last few days. Financially wise, He has provided when I was about to rewrite the definition of being broke in my dictionary. I guess I've been eating too much again, together with the wedding and various expenses, which really gave me a headache in terms of managing my finances. And still, there's the little amount that I owed my cousin over my sister's shared wedding gift. Was already resigned to spend the period after CNY broke so that I could pay that off by March. In the end, I decided to sell off some games that had been lying around in my room unplayed for months and years, with one item already posted on various buy/sell forums for a year and a half and no one could match my (already very cheap) price. Initially just posted one item on 1 forum, then decided to post up both on another. Posted on Wednesday, and calls and smses came in on Thursday afternoon, and the 2 items I posted up for sale were sold on Friday. Had to meet a buyer at 3pm at Harbourfront mrt, then the other at Compass point at 1030. In-between, I had a project meeting, my own revision, taking care of the kids' guitar rehearsal, and dinner with Terence at Dhoby Ghault. Granted, I do treasure the stuff I buy, especially the rare stuff, but then, if I'm not using them, then I guess they have to go. If nothing else, it does give me funds to get more supplies (see below).

In light of this, I've been feeling more in tune with God. Can feel more of His presence in my life, and been feeling more peace as well, and less worry for the last few days, which is good. Reminds me of one of my favourite songs, Wonderful King:

You feel our hearts with
More than we can
Hold inside, so we sing

Beautiful Saviour
Wonderful King

And the bridge goes

Oh beautiful sound
The joy of heaven here
Oh wonderful sound
Oh the love of heaven now

Really love the bridge, and the whole song. Simple in a way, and really beautiful. Wish I can write songs like that. To sing of God's love in my life, all the days of my life.

Speaking of music, concert preps are still ongoing. No publicity yet, guess I'll have to do some nudging. 11 more days, and I still have not practiced with my group yet. So far only got 2 songs more or less confirmed. 2 more to go. 4 songs in 10 days or so. Hope it'll go well.

There's some progress in my projects, thanks to Eliz and other friends in school for helping out in some areas. Still a lot more work to be done, and I just hope to send one in by the school's March deadline. I guess I'll have to ship the other over on my own. Still struggling with OTIA and ESAP. But projects will have to be my focus for now. 4 months and some weeks to go before my papers end.

Btw, am selling foam roses to raise some cash, and see if it's doable in the long run. Call it an experiment if you will.


So far, these are the ones I've done. I'll do more and maybe post shots here in the weeks ahead. Each stalk is going for $1.50 only. These are excellent for friendship day (February 14) gifts, or as every day gifts for friends and loved ones to put a smile on their faces. Bouquets are also available, for stalks of 3, 6, 9 and 12. Something like this:


This was done last year during the club's concert fundraising. A bouquet of 3 stalks will go for $7, and 12s will cost $24. I'll be accepting bouquet requests up to the 10th of February. So if you want to order or do know of anyone who wants to order, do drop me a sms, or post comments below :)

On an ending note, want to share something that encouraged me yesterday. Was on my way back to school when I saw this poster for the Bird Park at a bus stop while my bus was driving by. It was a picture of an eagle with the words
"They will soar on wings like eagles. Isaiah" Kinda surprised me quite a bit. Didn't think that a Bible verse from Isaiah 40:31 would be used on an ad for a tourist attraction. It's amazing, to say the least. Hope to see more of such things in future.

"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:25-26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home